Terms and Conditions
Doolan Consortium Pty Ltd (Trading as First Class Accounts Asquith and First Class Capital Artarmon) ABN 16 100 864 266 provides General Business and Bookkeeping Services. Additionally, as a Referral Partner, provides access to Finance Products and Solutions. Doolan Consortium Pty Ltd does not hold an Australian Financial Services Licence (AFSL).
The information provided at www.dondoolan.com, through associated material, or otherwise provided on behalf of Doolan Consortium Pty Ltd (“First Class Accounts Asquith , First Class Capital Artarmon”) ABN 16 100 864 266 is general information only. It does not constitute financial advice or investment advice, either personal or general. The information provided has been prepared without taking into account your particular objectives, financial situation or needs.
You should, before acting upon any of the information provided by Doolan Consortium Pty Ltd (“First Class Accounts Asquith , First Class Capital Artarmon”) ABN 16 100 864 266, seek independent financial advice that takes into account your own objectives, financial situation or needs.
Any information and all matters connected with and relating to your business and its performance are confidential and we shall undertake to keep this confidential and not to disclose or use for my benefit any information concerning the business and affairs of the business and its clients which may come to me in the course of my employment or otherwise (“Confidential Information”).
This undertaking is subject to the following qualifications. I may disclose Confidential Information:
- to other FCA personnel on a “need to know” basis (for technical advice and Quality Control Reviews) where such persons are bound by the same obligations of confidentiality as I am.
- to employees or subcontractors (local and/or offshore) that may need to be utilised to help complete the agreed work as required where such persons are bound by the same obligations of confidentiality as I am.
- Cloud solution providers such as offsite data storage systems (including ‘cloud storage’) and cloud accounting and data transfer applications (if applicable to your business)
- which comes to my attention out of the public domain otherwise than as a result of any breach of this undertaking or a similar undertaking by another person.
- where I am required to do so by law or the rules of procedure of any court or tribunal of competent jurisdiction.
This undertaking extends to the making of copies or reproductions of any concepts, proposals, submissions, or materials belonging to the Company. Such copies and information shall at all times remain the exclusive property of the Company and I acknowledge that I may only use such copies and information for the purposes of the company and its business and affairs.
“The Provider” is engaged to establish the payroll systems based on the payroll information provided to us. We will implement and maintain the payroll based on this information. It is agreed that “The Provider” is not engaged to interpret and apply the FairWork provisions to this business.
“The Provider” is engaged to assist the business with all aspects of managing and administering the payments to all employees. We will ensure payments are in accordance with FairWork requirements and will advise the business owners of any concerns or changes that may impact the business (by liaising with FairWork for interpretation). If the business is in breach of FairWork provisions, we will immediately notify you and discuss this. We note that we will not continue our engagement with you if the business continues to be in breach of the law after receiving our information and advice.
You must keep us informed of your current business details including address, phone and email address. We are engaged and authorised to work with your business by the people named above and any changes to your personnel and their respective authorisations that change the performance of our work for you should be advised to us.
Lodgement of information with ATO
A requirement of law is that you will be provided with an authorisation for all lodgements required by the ATO including BAS lodgement, Payment Summaries and TPAR reports (if applicable). Lodgement of all forms will follow our receipt of that authorisation. Email authorisation is acceptable. Failure to lodge on time can incur a fine and this will be your responsibility to pay if the authorisation has not been received by us.
Review of documentation
The responsibility for reviewing final reports and/or work rests with you, the client.
You will not be charged to correct errors which are clearly our fault, but revisions performed at your request may require discussion on any time incurred.
Responsibility for Bookkeeping Records
Responsibility for the maintenance of business records rests with you, (client/business owner); this includes security of those records and prevention against fraud. It is important to remember that you are personally responsible for the
information contained in any statutory return and that you must retain all necessary supporting documentation to substantiate the transactions.
We have discussed and agreed on the requirement for business records, including primary source documents, to be retained by you. We have discussed your expectations as to our involvement in the verification that such records are accurate, correct and being maintained. It is also important to state that as a BAS Agent/Bookkeeper, if we are advised in writing by yourself that you have copies of the invoices and the GST is applicable, we will process on the basis that you have the correct records.
While we will perform local backups of bookkeeping work for our own records, you should ensure all your business electronic data is backed up securely.
Ownership of the Accounting Software File
If our license for Accounting Software is used for your business, a licence removal fee may be charged at completion/termination of our bookkeeping services.
If you wish to takeover or transfer the licence for software from us, all outstanding fees to us must be paid. We note that the ownership of the data in the software becomes yours following payment of the respective fees.
If you choose to discontinue our services including the provision of software through us, we shall cease our licence to that software noting that it is your responsibility to ensure you have retained the necessary business records that you are required to maintain.
Destruction of Documents and Files
Upon our request either during our engagement or following its termination, you must collect your property without delay which will be released to you once our accounts are paid. Should any of your property remain in our possession following our request to collect it, we will hold the property for three months before destroying it in accordance with the Australian Consumer Law and Fair Trading Act 2012.
Utilisation of other workers
Employees or contractors may be utilised to help complete the agreed work as required. The First Class Accounts Operation Manual binds all representatives of “The Provider”, which is inclusive of confidentiality agreements as per the Terms of Engagement in this document.
We aim to provide the highest standard of professional service and are focused on the concerns of your business clients. If for any reason you feel you have not received the level of service expected or have an issue to raise, please contact myself to discuss how the problem may be resolved.
Furthermore, as a Member of the Institute for Certified Bookkeepers (ICB), I am subject to the ethical requirements of ICB and its investigations and disciplinary processes. These requirements cover issues such as Code of Conduct and ethics, adherence to bookkeeping standards, requirements to undertake continued professional education. Should there be an issue regarding the ethical or business practices of myself or my company, you may refer such matters to ICB.
When working onsite we expect a reasonable working environment which includes a safety regulated chair, office space and non-smoking area.
We reserve the right to charge a fee if our appointment is cancelled on the day.
You agree to indemnify us for any loss that may result from third party claims arising from the provisions of the services. If there is a claim against us for loss, the loss will be proportionately reduced by the extent of your contribution to the loss.
A charge will apply when extended phone support is given which is not part of a quoted Telephone Support Package taken.
Right of Lien
We have a right of lien on records and business data, that is, we reserve the right to hold records and data against any outstanding debts. Note this will only apply to records and data that has been worked on but for which payment is outstanding.
“Client/Business Owner” Responsibilities
You will provide access to the relevant business records (including paperwork relating to the transactions for the period) as discussed, on time and in a properly arranged manner (if they not received this way, extra charges may be applicable).
This may include but is not limited to:
- Ongoing access to the Business Software
- Bank statements
- Credit card statements
- Cheque books
- Bank deposit book or relevant bank transfer information
- Answers to queries as required
Unless otherwise discussed and agreed it is your responsibility as the business owners for the maintenance and accuracy of business records and availability of records either for our processing or for verification and provision to authorities if required.
- We may request source documents for some items and process transactions based on the information provided by you, which does not necessarily include all source documents.
- It is a requirement that you must hold copies of all relevant documentation in compliance with the ATO standards.
- It is a requirement by the ATO that ABNs of suppliers be checked at least once a year to ensure that they are valid.
- All relevant documentation and information required to allow us to prepare and produce financial reporting to comply with legislative requirements must be received by agreed dates. We will not be liable for any penalties if documentation and information has not been provided as agreed.
- A separate specific authority form must be provided to us for each lodgement of documentation with the ATO; we will provide this form to you before each lodgement.
- You authorise me to contact your tax agent via email and phone as required
- A package agreement can only be determined after 3 months of work has been performed to ensure accuracy of quote.
- Fees will be reviewed and increased annually with reference to increases in the CPI.
- An invoice will be sent upon completion of work per calendar month/week/per visit.
- A minimum charge out time of 2 hours per visit for an ONSITE visit.
- Terms of payment is 7 Days unless a specific agreement is made in writing that is different to 7 Days.
- If payment is not made without prior arrangement by the due date we may charge a 2% compound interest charge on balance of bill.
- We reserve the right to stop work if you fail to make payment when and as it falls due and suspend any software subscriptions paid by us.
- Any debts beyond 30 days (unless a prior payment arrangement has been entered into) will be referred to a debt collection agency and any costs associated in recovering such debts will be passed onto you.
- We reserve the right to review fees for services rendered on a regular basis; any change in price will be notified in writing.
You can visit this page http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ to opt out of our partners’ targeted ads.